Applying TO MGH
Our program participates in the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) and does not accept paper applications.
The application deadline for the Anesthesia Residency Program is November 1.
The following documents are required:
- A completed ERAS application
- A curriculum vitae
- Dean’s letter
- Medical school transcript
- Personal statement*
- Three (3) letters of recommendation
- United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) Board results
* In your personal statement, please include a paragraph about why you are specifically interested in our program.
All interviews for our Program this year will be 100% VIRTUAL.
- June 8, 2020
ERAS opens (you can start working on your application)
- September 1, 2020
You can submit applications to residency programs (we can’t see them yet)
- October 21, 2020
We can access submitted applications
- November 1, 2020
Last day to submit an application to our program
- By early November, 2020
All MGH interview invitations will be sent
- March 19, 2021
- To best accommodate different timezones, interviewees will be able to sign up for either a “morning” interview day (~8:30-1p EST) or an “afternoon” interview day (~12p – 4:30p EST)
- All interviewees will be invited to virtual hangouts with residents the evening before their interview.