- Empiric Abx: All patients on empiric abx for suspected bacterial PNA should be re-assessed for improvement and MDRO risk at 48-72 hours – guidance algorithm
- Pregnancy and anticoagulation: Pregnant patients > 20 weeks should receive UFH prophylaxis, not enoxaparin
- Lab frequency: Ferritin/CRP not recommended after first two weeks. PT/PTT/fibrinogen recommended daily.
- QTc monitoring: New flowsheet from EP
- Change to Statin Recs: Statin-naive patients who do not have a clear pre-existing primary cardiovascular indication should generally not be started on statins specifically for COVID-19
- Doxycycline > Azithromycin: For nonpregnant patients, doxycycline is now preferred over azithromycin, which remains an alternative
- No Daily ESR check: ESR is no longer recommended daily