Thoracic – Logistics
- Rotation Education Director: Jeremi Mountjoy, M.D.
- Division Lead: Paul Alfille, M.D.
- The senior resident(s) on service makes the schedule for the team, so please get your requests in early if you see an interesting case.
- Please note that the attending assignments are automatic. If you notice that an attending is interesting case alone, and you would like to do the case, please page Jeremi Mountjoy and the schedule can be rearranged.
- Residents on thoracic anesthesia are expected to stay late to finish uniquely educational cases. These include, for example, lung resection surgery, tracheal resection and reconstruction, and jet ventilation cases.
- It is unusual to stay past 8 PM, but if you do, you should ensure that you have a full 10 hours off between shifts.
There is lecture every Friday from 6:30 to 7:00 AM in the Davison Conference room. The discussions cover fundamental topics in thoracic anesthesia and are determined by the speakers.
- There will be coffee, fruit and breakfast sandwiches.
You should complete your room set-up by 6:25 AM so you can attend on time. We will end ON-TIME, so you can start your cases on time.
There is also a hands-on jet ventilator talk early in the month; this takes place at 6:30 am in OR 44.