Cab Reimbursement Policy for Residents and Fellows
We want you to be safe!
Please help us keep you safe by taking advantage of this policy, and make a commitment to never driving impaired by fatigue!
The Department will reimburse you for taking a cab for any of the following reasons:
- You are post-call and feeling fatigued
- You are coming into the hospital for a call and do not want to leave your car here
- You took a cab home and need to come back to get your car
- You feel unsafe walking
Process: Pay for the cab AND send your receipt to our program coordinator for reimbursement
- For cabs to/from MGH, coordinate with Eleanor Cotter.
- For cabs to/from outside hospitals, coordinate with Kristen O’Connor.
Cabs to use:
- UBER and Lyft
- Note that we cannot currently reimburse you for “surcharges/surge rates” incurred by UBER or Lyft services
- Boston Cab: 617-536-5010
- Metro Cab: 617-782-5500
- Checker Cab: 617-497-8294
- I.T.O.A. Cab: 617-825-4000
- City Cab: 617-536-5100
- Town Taxi: 617-536-5000
There are ATMs on the first floor of the White Bldg if you need cash for a cab.
Last updated January 2017 DSK