Obstetric Anesthesia – Logistics
- Rotation Education Director: Rebecca Minehart, M.D., M.Ed.
- Rotation Coordinator: Linda Patten
- Division Lead: Lisa Leffert, M.D.
- The Obstetric Anesthesia rotation has no call. All clinical assignments are 8 or 12-hour shifts.
- Residents should NOT swap shifts without discussing with the Chief Residents and reviewing the OB Shift Swapping Policy.
ACGME & Program Requirements
- The ACGME requires 2 months of obstetric anesthesia.
- You must provide care for 40 patients undergoing vaginal delivery and 20 patients undergoing caesarian section.
- Tip: You won’t always know if a patient will have a successful vaginal delivery when you place an epidural, but log each of these as vaginal deliveries if that is the expectation.